Full Job Description
Safety Coordinator Assistant
The Safety Coordinator Assistant is responsible for managing the field safety efforts of the company to create awareness and thereby reduce accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations.
- Aid in maintaining a positive safety culture throughout the company.
- Conduct new hire trucker driver orientations.
- Technical – teach ELD; Detailed training on HOS, logs, violations etc.
- Hands-on: What to do in certain situations
- Conduct safety training webinars and regularly scheduled driver training meetings.
- Maintain records of training activity, participant lists and employee progress
- Document new hire progress; follow up on weak areas; provide additional if needed
- Perform driver ride-a-long test as part of hiring process
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and determine appropriate preventive measures
- Review video of driver-triggered events; coach driver on how to avoid and improve
- Ensure proper completion of required documentation and reporting to the proper agencies.
- Process claims, work with internal and external insurance companies
- Monitor compliance with Hours of Service regulations & ELD usage
- Pre/post trip inspections
- Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsement certifications
- Promote a safe workplace
- Inspect equipment (Tractors and Trailers); check for possible unsafe conditions
- Analyze CSA scores safety data;
- Raise awareness to management and drivers when CSA categories show significant change and if a CSA score is at risk
- Identify methods or procedures to reduce risk
- Integrate and train on any new safety technology or procedures
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Complete other Safety related tasks as directed
- Some duties are performed outdoors in weather conditions.
To be considered for this role:
- Must be safety-minded and driven to lead company in “Safety First” mentality
- CDL preferred, previous driver experience a plus
- Previous experience in transportation strongly urged
- Experience and understanding of accident loss prevention and safety practices
- Experience and understanding of DOT Hours of Service, violations, citations, etc.
- Technical ability to train employees one-on-one and in classroom setting, specifically on ELD’s (computer on-board in trucks)
- Technical ability to run reports, monitor log violations, monitor equipment and more
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and typing skills
- Great communication skills written and verbal
- Self-driven, enjoy working with people
- Must be in good physical health (walk around truck/trailer for inspections)
- Maintain a clean driving record
- High School diploma
- Technical school training/college classes a plus
- 1 years’ experience in HR, Safety or Training role
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Professional, positive, and people-centered work environment
- Clean, late model equipment
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) Profit Sharing Program, Bonus
- Paid holidays; paid time off
- 8–10-hour shift
- Monday to Friday; Rotating Saturday’s with Safety Team
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience